Saturday, November 14, 2015

Huge Star Wars: The Power of Costume Gallery - 85 images with The Force Awakens costumes!

Not a podcast blog, but totally Star Wars related. I accidentally stumbled upon the Star Wars: The Power of Costume exhibition in New York today. We went to visit the American Girl store for my daughters birthday and I saw signs everywhere for the opening of this new exhibit. a few hours and $100 later, we were inside the Discovery museum, drooling over a LOT of really iconic costumes. Almost everything that I wanted to see was there and it was probably twice the size I expected it to be.

If you can’t make it to New York and you want to be spoiled, scroll down. There are 85 images, mostly in order throughout the exhibit. (all from my iPhone, sorry I wasn’t expecting to end up here at all). Hang around until the end for some awesome The Force Awakens costumes.

My highlights:
-Boba Fett’s shoes - The points!
-ROTJ Luke’s black/brown outfit.
-Boushh Leia w/ Thermal Detonator
-Anything Palpatine
-Finn and Rey’s shoes - So modern. She almost has Uggs.
-All of it!


A quick intro film with lots of McQuarrie art.

It started with a bang with Episode IV Obi-Wan and Queen Amidala.








Sorry this one is so blurry. 


















































Another blur. :(































2 comments:

  1. Is that a female Tuskan Raider? I've never seen that costume before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they were made for Anakin's Attack of the Clones Sandpeople slaughter, and not seen on screen. They made an action figure of a female Tusken Raider (with baby!) and that's the first tie I remember seeing it.

      Delete